Teemer is a startup operating on a global scale. Today, there is no fixed location and we are encouraging remote work so you don't have to worry about work-life balance. We are looking for entrepreneurial minds that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Being pro-ative and taking ownship on projects is key.
You don't need to be a hardcore developer to do this job (we've got some of those on staff, we intravenously pump them full of caffeine and try to avoid making direct eye contact). However, for you, a working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS will be fairly important.
- You control how our various web applications, look, feel and how they are developed and deployed. Using cutting edge technology, you allow our web application development process to mature.
- Building functional and slick user interaces based on Data-driven functionalities.
- You will decide on the look and feel of the web/app pages.
- Identify and implement the newest trends and standards in UX/UI.
- Ability to link big picture strategy to a energetic, positive UI.
- Stay at the forefront of software to ensure ongoing delivery of technology goals, competitive edge and strong value for clients.
- Proficient in English // Everything else is a plus.
- UX / UI: strong knowledge of best practices for design and experience with data-driven UX research and clean UI development.
- Experience with data visualisation (e.g. d3) or a willingness to learn.
- While database operations are not a core part of your role, you should be able to understand database dynamics.
- Experience building functional & data-rich web apps.
- Knowledge of Grunt/Gulp, SASS, Node/NPM, Composer, … is a plus.
- Understanding of Laravel // Other frameworks are a plus.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Strong academic records are a plus. (But not necessary: "skill > academic records")
- Fun person to work with.
- Not scared of irregular hours due to time-zone differences (we will mostly adapt to your time-zone).
Entrepreneurship is at the heart of Teemer. We love challenges and we always find a way to get to our goals.
You either innovate or you get left behind.
Taking ownership on projects is key. Expect to get big responsibilities fast.
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we're not moving fast enough.
We believe that having fun is necessary to thrive in your field of expertise. If you don't have fun, you should rethink your career choice.
Just be yourself. "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."