Teemer is a startup operating on a global scale. Today, there is no fixed location and we are encouraging remote work so you don't have to worry about work-life balance. We are looking for entrepreneurial minds that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Being pro-ative and taking ownship on projects is key.
A fair knowledge of the laravel framework, js is fairly important. (Django/Python is possible too)
- You will maintain the core functionalities and API's of the platform. Rather than a monolithic environment you will develop an ecosystem of services. Your decisions will not only have an impact on the way we build our product in a test-driven environment but also on the end-user experience of all our customers.
- Implementation of features, with a skilled, passionate and professional approach - across application- and database layers.
- Understand business opportunities or problems and provide optimal solutions. Identify and understand problems and opportunities.
- Perform agile processes in partnership with the team; apply and contribute to evolving processes and tooling.
- Effectively implement continuous integration, automated testing, and continuous deployment.
- Ability to link big picture strategy to detailed, rigorous implementation. Energetic, positive, and ready to make a difference.
- Stay at the forefront of software to ensure ongoing delivery of technology goals, competitive edge and strong value for clients.
- Proficient in English // Everything else is a plus.
- Good understanding of database design concepts and best practices + cloud experience is plus.
- Good understanding of natural language processing. Willing to design, develop and test data modelling.
- Experience with Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, NLTK, TensorFlow is a plus
- Knowledge of Grunt/Gulp, SASS, Node/NPM, Composer, … is a plus.
- Understanding of Laravel // Other frameworks are a plus.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Strong academic records are a plus. (But not necessary: "skill > academic records")
- Fun person to work with.
- Not scared of irregular hours due to time-zone differences (we will mostly adapt to your time-zone).
Entrepreneurship is at the heart of Teemer. We love challenges and we always find a way to get to our goals.
You either innovate or you get left behind.
Taking ownership on projects is key. Expect to get big responsibilities fast.
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we're not moving fast enough.
We believe that having fun is necessary to thrive in your field of expertise. If you don't have fun, you should rethink your career choice.
Just be yourself. "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."